Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Toddler Truths Tuesdays

I need to remember to write down more of the funny things Jacob says, since I'm always racking my brain to remember his "toddler truths" each Tuesday! Luckily, he gave my some fodder for today's post this morning:

He's not feeling very well -- took an almost-three-hour nap yesterday and still slept in today. I went in to his room around 8:15 (after he had moved and talked for a few minutes but hadn't gotten out of bed) and sat down on the edge of the bed. I said my usual, cheerful "good morning" things ("I love you...Did you sleep well?...Want to go downstairs and get your milk?" etc.), and he goes:

"Too early, mama. Lay in bed wif me" (He usually gets up around 7:30-8, so it wasn't actually early.)

"Okay, I said, want me to read you a story?"

He nodded, so I started reading, and he interjected, "Stop reading. I go sweep."

I feel bad for the little guy, but it was pretty entertaining. Perhaps this was a preview of his teenage years?? Except for the laying in bed with him part -- doubt he'll let me do that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment