Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Toddler Truths Tuesdays - Vacation Edition

We just returned from a week in California, so I missed "Toddler Truths" last Tuesday. Luckily, I wrote down several of the funniest things little guy said on vacation. These were all from our few days in Yosemite:
---
He wanted to walk "by myself" on every hike, so we struggled to get him to hold our hands. A couple days in, after asking many times, we got this response:
"Jacob, hold my hand."
"No, hold my OWN hand." (proceeds to clasp hands together and walk very earnestly 'holding his own hand')
He ended up riding on Daddy's shoulders A LOT, to avoid our hikes taking 50x longer ;)
---
We rented a very large Yukon, and my father-in-law made the comment that it was a "big honking truck" when he first saw it. A couple of days later, when we were allowing Jacob to sit in the front seat and pretend to drive (parked in the driveway, of course):
"Jacob, are you driving a big truck?"
"I driving big honker."
---
While walking close to a campground, we heard an awful, screechy sound that seemed to be a dog...
"Sounds like that dog is being eaten by a mountain lion," somebody joked.
A few minutes later, Jacob commented nonchalantly: "Naughty dog, eat mountain lion."

No comments:

Post a Comment